Art Walk Friday, March 7
The next monthly Fort Myers Art Walk will take place on Friday, March 7 and feature new art exhibits, live artist demos and a great atmosphere for shopping and dining in the River District.
Art buyers and art enthusiasts can meet the local artists during the exhibit openings at most of the downtown galleries and art spaces. The Downtown River District is home to eight official art galleries and a handful of retail shops that sell local artwork.
Official Art Walk participating art galleries include Art League of Fort Myers, Arts for ACT Gallery, Grand Illusion Gallery, Ocasiocasa Studio Gallery, Reverie & Rock Art Gallery, Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center, Timeless Gallery and Unit A – Contemporary Art Space. Official participating shops that sell art include Enjewel, The Franklin Shops, The Nest and The Open Door Shoppes on Hendry.
The Fort Myers Art Walk runs from 6 to 10 p.m. on the first Friday of every month (rain or shine) in the Fort Myers River District. LeeTran’s free trolley service runs later that night until 10:30.
Also in March, the seasonal Saturday Art Fair returns to the sidewalks of First Street. Local artists will showcase and sell their original art from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 15.
Art highlights of the Friday, March 7 Art Walk:
- Art League of Fort Myers: Opening reception for a new show called “Wins of March.”
- Arts for ACT Gallery: Opening reception for a new exhibit featuring Darryl Pottorf, Andrew Cooke, Kathleen Walsh and Martha Dodd.
- The Franklin Shops: Artist Jay Lana, creator of Retro Steam Works, an up-cycled lighting decor using reclaimed materials, will be present. Authors Cristin Bishara and Trish Doller present their new young adult novels Relativity and Where the Stars Still Shine.
- Ocasiocasa Studio Gallery: Jeff and Dale will be showing a group of smaller sculpted animals, each being an original, one-of-a-kind, replica of the larger ones in the exhibit, as well as Dale’s new illustrations, created from original photography of the sculptures.
- Reverie & Rock Art Gallery: Exhibit featuring digital surrealism art by Kathy Kuser and concert photography by Jamie Kuser. Three vocalists selected to perform at the Young Artists Awards 11th Annual Gala to be held on March 10 at the Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre will perform from 6:30 to 8:30 during Art Walk. They include Martina Long, Sarah Daigle and Bryanna Walker.
- Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center: Opening for a new solo exhibition of artist Marvin Gralnick. He is the retired CEO and founder of retail giant Chico’s and a renowned artist in his own right.
- UNIT A Contemporary Art Space: Marcus Jansen's opening called "In 30 seconds," is a body of work where the artist has painted each works with oil enamels on paper within 30 seconds. Each one is unique and will be on display in addition to all new canvas works for limited time in addition to all new canvas works that will be on display in UNIT A's Museum Room II.
Art Walk partners include the Art League of Fort Myers, Arts for ACT Gallery and Boutique, Cigar Bar, The Connection Bar & Grill, The Deli, Downtown House of Pizza, Enjewel, The Firestone, First United Methodist Church, Florida Repertory Theatre, Ford’s Garage, Fort Myers Community Redevelopment Agency, The Franklin Shops, Gulf Coast Times, Happenings Magazine, Hotel Indigo, Langford-Kingston Home, Legacy Harbour Hotel & Suites, Los Cabos Cantina, Morgan House restaurant, The Nest Home & Garden, Ocasiocasa Studio Gallery, The Open Door Shoppes on Hendry, Palm Printing, River District Alliance, Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center, Spirits of Bacchus, Twisted Vine Bistro, UNIT A Contemporary Art Space, The Veranda Restaurant and the Young Artists Awards Program.